How to make a long-weekend productive
Hint: Purchase our Buyside Prep Platform and get to WORK!
Big recruiting update for anyone pursuing immediate starts/2022/2023 below…
I’m in NYC trying to alternate between in-person meetings (I’m generally going to be posted up at the Standard hotel) and then of course catering to all of our mentees/anyone new who wants to sign-up (and is a fit with 3.8+ GPAs!).
News coming around us bringing on an intern, absolute stud of an individual — also if you haven’t heard our Litquidity Boys’ Podcast on mental health— def well worth a listen here. I will also be releasing my own official digest of ^^ soon.
Instagram is getting to be the best place to follow us for real-world updates btw — much quicker and easier to engage with people:
If you’re interested in really staying in the loop — forward any headhunter emails you have to Nadia@getofficehours.com and we’ll loop you into the real list on the backend (that we only make available to our customers of firms hiring and who’s representing them) — this is as recent as of the last couple days or so:
- Softbank hiring
- Thompson St. Capital Partners
- Fort Point Capital (Boston)
- ParkerGale Capital (Chicago)
- Vista Equity, Bain Capital
- Norwest Equity Partners (West Palm Beach & Minneapolis, MN)
- L Squared (Newport Beach, CA)
- Acacia Partners
- Saratoga Investment Corp.
- Knox Lane
- CarVal Investors (distressed, credit-intensive)
- Susquehanna Growth Equity
- Susquehanna Private Capital
- HarbourVest Partners
- Yellow Wood Partners (Boston)
- BlackRock Private Capital
- Citadel Equities
- The Jordan Company (NYC, Miami, Chicago)
- General Equity Holdings (L/S Hedge Fund)
- amongst SO MANY OTHERS
Thinking about taking on a Buyside Coach as you think through your Prep? Hundreds of coaching calls are happening right now with many of our mentees and guess where you’re going to see our mentees?
🙋♂️ Across the table from you as your competition gunning for your dream fund.
The difference between you two will be that he/she spent hours preparing with a coach that was specifically tailored to them and helped them mock and run through their deals multiple times, are you preparing to that extent? 🤦♂️
First stop is the fan-favorite, NYC! Click here to schedule a time with us or respond to this email and I’ll loop in Nadia to put something on the calendar. We’ll do our best to meet all accommodations — however, bouncing around the city is never easy (especially with what we expect with this weather) so please bear that in mind!
Still deciding if Buyside Recruiting in 2022 is in your best favor?
2022 the year you want to lateral?
Meet with us in person and we’re happy to give you our thoughts! After all, we’ve helped a couple of thousand analysts to date!
Few reasons we think this year for interviewing is going to be tough (continued from one of our last newsletters):
- We have been hearing from Mentees interviewing and many Coaches of ours that there are the ‘Prepared’ and then the ‘Un-Prepared’ aka now that we are approaching our 3rd year of remote work (& OfficeHours being in existence!), firms have learned how to vet and interview and hire in a remote environment — they want people who have either seen an office environment (or at least know how to function within an office environment — any office work experience helps here if you can speak about it!)
- Couple of points to consider when thinking about interviewing:
- Are you looking into the camera during a Zoom call and actually engaging with the participant? VP Coach of ours says the candidates he’s been interviewing recently for his new fund don’t even try to make eye contact… smh
- How involved were you actually from home? There are analysts that just did what they were told but really didn’t understand the big picture of what they’ve been doing and that comes out quickly in the “tell me about a deal” HH question.
- Were you the one that asked for more work and project-driven stuff to gain more experience?
- Did you build a positive working relationship with your colleagues so that they looped you into more calls and can write glowing referrals about you?
- Did you actually involve yourself in the model and explain the deal process start-to-finish?
Great way to get started with absolutely stellar materials (similar to what you’ll experience in interviews) for only $499!
What Mentees have said about our Platform and Coaching Services in the past:
- “I see you guys all over LinkedIn and have been reading the newsletters since the beginning, in a market like this so long you’re alive you’re doing well — however, you guys seem like you’re THRIVING.”
- “You guys are like bringing science to the interview process, no wonder why you’ve had so many placements”
- “WFH is literally back — TALK ABOUT A LUCKY TIME FOR ANYONE RECRUITING” (Everyone)
- “I loved how accessible coaches and mentors were. Any time I had a question, I could just ask. It was so comforting to have someone else going through the process with me. I can’t imagine going through it without Office Hours.” (EB)
- “You guys are like the new WSO — WSO is full of trollers anyway, really tough to get access to any validated information.” (small boutique)
- “It’s tough to get good deals on your resume, sometimes it’s sometimes a matter of luck — so being able to navigate this process without having the best cards is definitely useful.” (BB)
- “Human capital is never cheap [and being a student athlete], I understand that 1on1 coaching has never been cheap.”
- “Last thing you want to be is STUCK in a DOWN-CYCLE being a banking analyst thinking I should’ve recruited before when there were more opportunities.”
- Read our “Why Choose Us” article & Why Coaching Works
If you’re interested in coaching — TEXT ME and I’ll see what we can do to fit you in!
ONLY 3.8 GPAs AND ABOVE. Strict mandate by our BOD.
Questions? Text us @ 781.258.4911!