For the past months, OfficeHours has had some amazing speakers, including private equity pros, HBS MBA grads, and successful founders. You can now listen to their talks on our Spotify channel, “Overheard on OfficeHours.”
These webinars are packed with useful information and insights from the best in finance. We cover topics like private equity, investment banking, switching careers, and how to grow in your job. There’s a lot more to discover, so make sure not to miss these valuable insights from experts in the financial world!
Date: Friday, October 13, 2023
Time: 12:00 pm ET
Polly Helvacioglu began her career working part-time as an Insurance Broker Analyst whilst completing studies for her Master’s in Finance at Hult International Business School. She later moved on to become an investment banking analyst in the Mergers & Acquisitions team and is now a Vice President in the Corporate Finance Solutions Group at HSBC in London, offering solutions to clients across the capital markets spectrum
Having begun her business studies at Hult International Business School she completed her education at Wharton Online. Her desire for new ideas led her to Y Combinator‘s startup school, where she honed her entrepreneurial skills, which she’s most recently deployed on her social media platform ‘Money Mavericks’, aimed at anyone trying to break into finance.
- What drove you to seek a career in investment banking, and how did you overcome obstacles along the way? What have been the key milestones & challenges?
- What lessons did you acquire from your time at the startup school run by Y Combinator that have shaped your view of entrepreneurship?
- Do you think there’s been a cultural shift in Investment Banking post-COVID? How did your experience with Y Combinator shape your approach to Investment Banking?
- What advice do you offer for young women interested in pursuing a profession in investment banking?
- Balancing a professional and personal life can be difficult. How do you balance your work and personal life?
Featured Speaker: Polly Helvacioglu
Recent Position: Vice President, Corporate Finance Solutions Group, HSBC UK
Rohit Malrani will be moderating the conversation. Rohit brings experience from growth equity investing from Battery Ventures and operating experience from SourceScrub where he was Employee #2 and helped scale the business to an investment from Francisco Partners.
Moderator: Rohit Malrani
Position: Co-Founder, OfficeHours
Open to everyone, but highly recommended for anyone looking to break into finance.
There will be a limited number of tickets available for this event in order to accommodate everyone’s questions.
You can listen to other OfficeHours Webinars/Podcasts directly here: https://anchor.fm/rohit-malrani.
If you want to stay up to date with Polly Helvacioglu and her experiences working in finance, you can follow her here: https://www.tiktok.com/@money_mavericks.
Where do you currently stand in On-Cycle 2025 Recruiting?
What makes you most nervous about recruiting?
Are you interested in learning more about OfficeHours and how a Banking/Buyside Coach can help you?