Interviews Started for 2024 On-Cycle
8/29/22: Full interview processes underway
We’re confirming PE firms have kicked off recruiting. Partial list of confirmed interviews happening TONIGHT below and more being added as we go. Strap in and get ready to ride:
CONFIRMED INTERVIEWS as of 7pm ET:
- Bain Capital
- New Mountain Capital
- Thoma Bravo
- More being added…
A friendly reminder about how on-cycle works:
- Long interviews: If you’re called in to interview tonight, it’s very possible you will have multiple hours worth of interviews and a yes/no decision before you walk out of the firm. Interviews will consist of behaviorals questions such as “Why our fund? and “Why our strategy?”, as well as technical questions including LBO, Case Study, Project Experience, and Business Intuition questions.
- Force rank firms: You should force rank you dream firms in order of priority. Since many of the firms are conducting interviews at the same time, it is not physically possible to interview everywhere you are invited (Hermione’s time turner would be clutch here). It’s better to go to your top choice first since spots are filled on a rolling basis.
- Cutting your losses: If you feel an interview is not going well tonight and you get invited to another firm mid-way through a current interview, it’s worth cutting your losses and exiting the bad interview and taking another shot on goal with another firm.
- Should I interview today?: If you are not 100% ready to interview, I would not recommend interviewing tonight. There will be spots left over for off-cycle. If you mess up with a firm today, they might not interview you again.
- Off-cycle spots open: Pre-COVID, the megafunds filled the majority of their class during the on-cycle rush. For the last two years during COVID, more spots were left open for off-cycle than normal. Given how early interviews kicked off this year (analysts literally just finished training), we expect there to be off-cycle spots open at most funds this year too.
As always, we’re here to help. Sent us a note if you have any questions. We’re offering a few free coaching calls from our top coaches tonight, and Rohit and I are also on-call tonight to help anyone going through interviews this cycle.